On Gear Live: Apple’s HUGE Siri Apple Intelligence Fumble w/ John Gruber - Geared Up 205

Carrie UnderwoodCarrie Underwood would never join the X Factor panel because she is too loyal to American Idol.

The "Good Girl" singer shot to fame on the pop star search show and although she has been linked to one of the vacant roles on the X Factor judging panel, she insists she is "an Idol girl all the way."

"I think it's great that Simon Cowell has The X Factor show, and I love seeing all of these shows giving nobodies a big opportunity. But I'm an Idol girl all the way. That's the one that I love and watch. I can't see myself being a part of any another show like that," she told Extra.

Carrie also revealed she and NHL player husband Mike Fisher - whom she married in 2010 - are too busy for kids right now but are enjoying spending time together: "I have my best friend around me all the time. Everybody's like, 'The first year is the hardest,' and I'm like, 'That's it? That was the hardest? Come on, you can do better than that!' It's great; he's wonderful. I'm good right now. As long as he's playing [hockey] and I'm doing this, it doesn't make sense. So no babies."

Gallery: Carrie Underwood Rules Out X Factor Gig


Advertisement

Nick JonasNick Jonas wants to appear on Glee. The Jonas Brothers star - who recently made a cameo appearance in NBC's Smash - would love producers on the musical drama series to invite him to take on a guest role.

"I definitely would consider it. I feel like Smash is sort of my statement in that [TV] world, and I really enjoyed that experience. And if there was a Glee opportunity, I would be really open to it. There hasn't been yet, and that's cool. So it's all a matter if they wanted to have me. I'd be totally open to it," he said when asked if he wanted to appear on the show.

Nick has been appearing in Broadway musical How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying and is enjoying his the stint in the show, but admits things haven't always run smoothly: "There have been some funny moments. In my first week, I was still getting comfortable, obviously. On the last show of the week, I completely lost my place in the middle of one of my big lines and, luckily, a castmate helped me out but I completely lost it.''

Gallery: Nick Jonas Wants to Be on Glee


Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan is set to guest star in Glee.

The troubled actress - who has previously complained about the musical TV series for mocking her stints in rehab - is reportedly in final negotiations to appear on the program to play herself as one of the celebrity judges in the annual nationals competition, website TVLine reports.

Meanwhile, Whoopi Goldberg has signed on for a stint in the show that is expected to last for three episodes. The Sister Act star will play Carmen Tibideaux, a professor at New York Academy of the Dramatic Arts (NYADA), the school which graduating students Rachel Berry (Lea Michele) and Kurt Hummel (Chris Colfer) have applied to. Whoopi's character - who will first appear on May 1 - is expected to oversee the pair through their auditions.

Although Whoopi is only slated to appear this season, it is possible she may return in the future as Lea and Chris' characters will remain with the show next year, despite graduating from William McKinley High.

Click to continue reading Lindsay Lohan, Whoopi Goldberg to Appear in Glee

Gallery: Lindsay Lohan, Whoopi Goldberg to Appear in Glee


Fergie at this year's GrammysFergie wants a job on The X Factor.

The Black Eyed Peas star - real name Stacy Ferguson - has asked to meet with Simon Cowell to discuss a possible job as a judge on the show, taking one of the slots left by Nicole Scherzinger and Paula Abdul who were sacked after the end of the first series.

"There have been some conversations. It's in the early stages, but Fergie's the one who approached the producers about joining the panel," a source told Life&Style.

Fergie is one of a large number of female singers who have been linked to the job - including Britney Spears, Adele and LeAnn Rimes. However, "Hold It Against Me" hitmaker Britney is reportedly holding out for a huge paycheck before she takes part.

"Money is not an issue for the show. As of now, they are looking to pay her $12-15 million for the first season, with a drastic price hike for a second year based on ratings performance. Simon Cowell wants at least a two-year commitment and Britney wants an out clause if she doesn't want to continue after one year of service," a source said.

Gallery: Fergie Wants X Factor Job


American Idol clothesAmerican Idol is launching its Authentic Icon clothing line.

The talent search show recently recruited Tommy Hilfiger as an image advisor, and is now planning to launch an exclusive clothing collection at Kohl's stores across the country. The line will debut in April and be in stores from June and will feature selections for both men and women.

"It was a natural extension to partner on a line of American Idol-inspired apparel that captures the essence of our rich music, style and performance heritage," said David Luner of FreemantleMedia Enterprises, the production company behind the show.

Contestants on the show will model the styles when they appear in the weekly live finals. "The American Idol collection will build upon the powerful influence of music and entertainment on today's fashion-conscious consumers," said Rick Darling, president of LF USA - which is helping create the clothes.

Gallery: American Idol Launching Clothing Line


Stella McCartneySimon Cowell reportedly wants Stella McCartney to dress The X Factor contestants.

The 52-year-old music mogul apparently hopes to follow in the footsteps of rival American Idol - which recently joined forces with Tommy Hilfiger - and get an established designer on the show to improve the style of competitors.

"Simon is a big fan of Stella's. He has been for ages. He's in negotiations with her at the moment to get her to design a few special pieces for some of the finalists. It will be great for the show if it comes off," a source said.

Meanwhile Simon is also said to be keen to get Stacy Keibler - the former wrestler and current girlfriend of George Clooney - to replace Steve Jones as host on the US version of the show.

"Stacy Keibler is in talks to join the show, but her lack of experience in the music business may make her more appropriate as a host. She looks fantastic and has bags of charisma," a source said.

Click to continue reading Simon Cowell Wants Stella McCartney for ‘X Factor’?

Gallery: Simon Cowell Wants Stella McCartney for ‘X Factor’?


Simon CowellSimon Cowell admits his biggest failures have resulted from "believing his own hype."

The 52-year-old music and reality television mogul - who lost all his money in the late 80s and ended up living back at home with his mother - believes his ego has been his biggest downfall.

"I've had many failures. The biggest were at times when I believed my own hype. I'd had smaller failures, signing bands that didn't work, but my record company going bust, that was the first big one. I was a typical Eighties cliché. I had the cars, the house, the image and everything was beyond my means. I spent too much time at parties and then everything imploded. Amazingly, it felt quite a relief when it happened. It was the point when interest rates were 60 per cent, everything came crashing down. I got rid of everything - I had negative equity on my house. Losing everything is probably the greatest lesson you learn. I went back to my parents' house and started again. From then on everything I did was different. It was all about the work. I sold the Porsche, got a classic red TR6 for seven grand. I loved that car more than the Porsche."

Click to continue reading Simon Cowell: Biggest Mistakes Come from Believing My Hype

Gallery: Simon Cowell: Biggest Mistakes Come from Believing My Hype


Jorge Garcia as Dr. Diego SotoJorge Garcia prefers wearing "more clothes" in 'Alcatraz' than he was able to in Lost.

The 38-year-old actor is currently portraying comic book store owner and writer Dr. Diego Soto in the Fox prison drama, and he is enjoying playing a character who is "smarter" than his Lost alter-ego Hugo 'Hurley' Reyes.

"It was nice to do something different after 'Lost' for so long. It's kind of nice having a character who wears more clothes and is smarter. It's been a lot of fun finding new things to do with my character, that it great for an actor," he said.

Jorge is pleased to be able to explore a different alter-ego after starring in Lost for six years, but he "really misses" filming the ABC drama series in Hawaii and hopes to move back there at some point:

Click to continue reading Jorge Garcia Prefers New Character’s Wardrobe

Gallery: Jorge Garcia Prefers New Character’s Wardrobe


Adele at this year's GrammysSimon Cowell is "desperate" to sign Adele as a judge on US X Factor.

The music mogul is putting together a lucrative offer to land the "Someone Like You" hitmaker for the program - which is short of two panellists following the sacking of Paula Abdul and Nicole Scherzinger - and insiders believe "money is not an option" because he is so impressed with her success.

"Simon is always looking for new directions and ideas. He thinks Adele's success and achievements are incredible. He recognizes that true musicianship and a serious approach can bring a lot of credibility and an extra dimension to his show," a source said.

It seems Simon isn't alone in wanting Adele for the show. "The producers love her," another insider added.

Simon recently praised the 23-year-old singer's "down-to-earth" attitude since she found fame and achieved "incredible success," which has included six Grammy prizes and two BRIT Awards earlier this year:

Click to continue reading Simon Cowell ‘Desperate’ to Sign Adele for US X Factor

Gallery: Simon Cowell ‘Desperate’ to Sign Adele for US X Factor


Jorge Garcia and J.J. Abrams

Jorge Garcia was confident Alcatraz would be successful because of J.J. Abrams.

The 38-year-old actor - who worked alongside the Lost co-creator during his time playing Hugo "Hurley" Reyes on the show - knew he was in "safe hands" when he agreed to portray Dr. Diego "Doc" Soto in the new Fox TV series because he has so much confidence in the helmer.

"I love what J.J. does with his work and he's also just a really great guy. So when he called and said, 'I'm doing this new show, just give me a call if you're not doing anything because we definitely want to work with you again,' then that makes you feel great. Knowing that the show is a J.J. show I definitely feel that I'm in good hands."

Click to continue reading Jorge Garcia: J.J. Made Me Confidence of Alcatraz Success

Gallery: Jorge Garcia: J.J. Made Me Confidence of Alcatraz Success


Advertisement